FOUR YEAR OLD CHILD BURNT IN HOUSE FIRE

By Richard Akandwanaho
in Kabale—-

A 4 year old child last night died and a mother suffered serious injuries
after a house from where they resided gutted fire in Kirigime ward in
Kabale Municipality.

According to the Residents, last night at around 10pm while at Bataka
cell, Kirigime ward Southern division in Kabale municipality, fire
destroyed property worth millions of shillings belonging to a 35 year
old Immaculate Kyomugisha injuring her and killing her 4 year child
son Julius Manige.

Lilian Kawara a neighbor says that she heard a child making an alarm
which forced her to break into the house through the window and by the
time she entered, Manige had already been killed by the fire to ash.

The Kigezi Regional Police spokesperson Elly Maate has confirmed the
incident adding that police reached the scene and took the injured to
Kabale Regional Referral hospital from where she is injuring wounds
and the deceased was taken at Kabale mortally.

Maate said that most of the fire burns have been caused by people’s
negligence since some leave electrical appliances plugged in adding
that the fire could have been caused by a candle which was left
burning before they slept since the mother was drunk.
www.mknewslink.com

wmuhwezi75@gmail.com

You May Also Like