DANGER IN KASESE:CHOLERA KILLS THREE, 94 ADMITTED

 By Joel Kaguta and Syrivia Kugonza
in  kasese
 Cholera epidemic in Kasese district has so far claimed 3 people
leaving at least over 94 others admitted at Bwera Hospital in Mpondwe
Lhubiriha town council.
The District Health Officer, Dr. Yusuf Baseke confirmed the death toll
and strongly said that the situation would be contained.
Dr. Baseke said that the epidemic that was first reported on Thursday last week
and at least 94 people have so far been admitted from the sub-counties
of Nyakiyumbu Isango, Mpondwe Lhubiriha town council, Munkunyu and
Bwera.
According to Dr. Baseke, at least over 50 people below 15 years are
the most affected followed by women.
However over 40 others have been discharged.
He cautioned clinic operators designated in various villages
especially from the most affected sub-counties not to dare attempt to
admit any person with Cholera symptoms.
The Nursing Assistant In-Charge of Cholera Ward at Bwera Hospital,
Yosia Baluku said that the some patients in the male ward were shifted
immediately and the currently houses the Cholera victims.
Mr. Baluku told MK News Link that the first Cholera patient, a 17 year
old boy died on Saturday and was buried on Sunday by a team of health
workers.
Another victim was pronounced dead after spending few minutes and
another one died on his arrival to the hospital and were all buried on
Monday.
However, Baluku noted that people have notembrassed the idea of
reporting Cholera cases to the hospital saying that all the clients
come in serious critical conditions.
A survivor said that she developed abdominal pain
immediately after eating Dodo together with her mother who is also
admitted at the same facility
Source: www.mknewslink.com
               wmuhwezi75@gmail.com

You May Also Like