By Elly Karenzi
Medical experts in Ibanda district have asked heads of families to put out let channels on their kitchen tops in a measure to avoid inhaling smoke produced from fire wood which causes lung diseases.
Dr. Leonard Bakahika of Ebenezer clinic diagnostic center in Ibanda municipal says many housewives and house girls have raised complaints about the fire wood smoke as their life threatening element.
This message was yesterday revealed during the burial of Mrs. Faibi Kakirambure who died at the age of 83 at Mbarara referral hospital.
She succumbed to lungs complication a disease that was detected at Ebenezer diagnostic center before she was referred to Mbarara hospital for further treatment.
Mrs. Kakirambure was laid to rest yesterday at Kyaruhanga 1 cell in Ibanda municipal and left four children and over 40 grandchildren.
Dr. Bakahika advised the families that they should start planning to use gas, electricity or charcoal as they do not produce much smoke.
Mr. Emmy Kazoora, the head of the family, in his eulogy said the deceased was a renowned traditional herbalist in the area who used to treat children with different health conditions.
He urged the mourners to take an example of the deceased if they are to leave legacy.
Source:www.mknewslink.com a western Uganda news website.