By www.mknewslink.com reporter
Women killers who have been terrorizing Entebbe and neighbouring areas have now extended to Luweero district killing four women in a spate of two weeks.
Three of the victims are women in their advanced age.
Esther Nalugo, 60 was murdered in Bamunanika Subcounty and Justine Nantege 30, was murdered in Luweero Town Council respectively.
Luweero District Councillor representing Bamunanika Sub-county Mr Boniface Ssentongo has called for a serious investigation since the murders now target women.
The murders appear to be abnormal. www.mknewslink.com has learnt that Esther Nalugo was a business woman and resident of Kasenene village in Bamunanika Sub-county.
Ssentongo told our reporter that the suspected assailants reportedly came to the victim’s home pretending to be visitors at around 2:00pm on Tuesday and later hacked her to death before they went away. He calls for a serious investigation on these murders.
According to Savana Region Police Commander; Edward Kyaligonza the Police are aware of the murders and investigations are underway. The deaths so far registered by the police according to Kyaligonza are linked to land disputes. The police is yet to arrest suspects involved in the recent murders.
Ms Amina Nakimbugwe, a resident of Luweero Town Council claims that the murders have raised fears among residents because they are yet to get reports from police of any arrests.
“We cannot be secure when the people committing the murders are at large. The police should involve other security organs to ensure that our people are secure,” she said