The project is under Water Management Development Project (WMDP) funded by the World Bank.
The construction works commenced on 6th April 2016 and are being carried out by Zhonghao Overseas Engineering Construction Company Limited. The project is currently in the defects liability period which commenced on 6th December 2017 and is due to end by 5th December 2018.
At the moment, the contractor is attending to snags and completing outstanding works which were identified at substantial completion.
The scope of work comprises;
- The construction of the first phase of the Kitagata water treatment plant to produce 3,150,000 liters of water per day.
- Refurbishment works at the existing water treatment plant in Nyaruzinga.
- The construction of a 1 600m3 capacity reinforced concrete reservoir at Kikuba Hill in Bushenyi.
- Laying 17 kilometers of a 300mm diameter transmission main from Kitagata water treatment plant to Kikuba reservoir.
- Laying 5.9 kilometers of a 200mm diameter gravity main from Kikuba reservoir to the existing reservoir at Katungu in Bushenyi.
- The construction of a new elevated 90m3 reservoir at Ibanga Hill in Kitagata Sub County; including the renovation of the existing 90m3 reservoir at Ibanga hill.
The contract amount is Ug Shs 35,013,428,234 (Uganda Shillings Thirty Five Billion, Thirteen Million, Four Hundred Twenty Eight Thousand, and Two Hundred Thirty Four).
Population to be served.