FIRE GUTS TIMBER WORKSHOP IN KABALE
By Ambrose Kweronda
Timber traders in Omundeeba, Bugongi Northern Division in Kabale municipality are counting losses after fire gutted their merchandise yesterday in afternoon hours.
Some of the dealers said they suspect it could have sparked off from electricity after they realized an electric pole was planted in the workshop.
Bosco Nkwansiibwe LC 4 councilor, in central division and Nuh Waiswa a timber dealer in Ndeeba, all confirmed that fire started at about 01:05pm.
According to the duo, it razed down all their timber stalls because Police Fire Brigade arrived at the place after 30 minutes of the incident.
Speaking to www.mknewslink.com reporter, Joseph Mukasa one of the workshop owners said that he has lost most of the merchandise and machines such as band saw, Combination machine, timber sizer, drill press, drum sander, bench grinder and jointer among others.
ASP Elly Maate the Kigezi region police spokesperson said that the workshop belongs to three people; Alex Niwagaba, Patrick Ndamira and Joseph Mukasa.
However, Maate said that the cause of this fire outbreak has been established by police at the scene and believed that there was a short circuit.
www.mknewslink.com a greater western Uganda news website