By Ambrose Kweronda
Kanungu RDC Hajji Shafiq Ssekandi Sengooba has called upon the people to remain calm amidst reports that a resident from Bihomborwa Ward in Kihihi Town Council died due to suspected ebola disease.
RDC Ssekandi said this March 15th while appearing on one of the local Radio Stations where he explained that the case was an ALERT but not yet confirmed to be Ebola.
Kinkizi West Member of Parliament where Bihomborwa Ward is located, Hon James Kaberuka, has also called for calm saying that the case was alarming but did not qualify to be treated as suspected Ebola.
The RDC however said that the medical team was called in to handle the burial of the deceased and also they took samples from him to the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe to ascertain the real results.
Hajji Ssekandi said that the deceased was known to be epileptic for long and when epilepsy attacked him on the night, he died since he lived alone in the house and there was no one to help him.
However, the following day, when the residents found out that the deceased was bleeding from private parts, they got scared and word started flowing in the village that he had died from suspected Ebola since he had returned from his gardens in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
Earlier on Saturday when the information started circulating, Kanungu Deputy RDC Gad Ahimbisibwe Rugaju rushed to the area together with a burial team and ordered for the immediate burial of the deceased.
Kanungu District Health Educator Katto Besisira told www.mknewslink.com Publication that the Ministry of Health and World Health Organisation rushed to the district and took samples from the contact persons of the deceased asserting that they will release their results in the due course.
The suspect was buried by a medical team led by Kanungu Deputy RDC Gad Ahimbisibwe Rugaju
Source: www.mknewslink.com a greater western Uganda news website