By our reporter
Victoria University has inaugurated a 14 member team of specialists who form its new University council.
The function took place at the university headquarters located along Jinja road in Kampala.
The new council members are
1.Mr. Joram Kahenano as its Chairperson who is specialized in Leadership.
2. Mr. Joseph Biribonwa Vice Chairperson a specialist in Governance.
3. Dr .Chirag Kotecha a member also specialized in Health.
4. Mr Andrew Mwenda, Member specialized in Public and Journalism,
5. Mr James Kalebo a member and Specialist in education.
6. Dr. Mary Kanyiginya, Member and specialist in Human Resources,
7. Mr. Sameer Thakar, member and specialized in Finance.
8. Dr. Kabonesa Consolate, member and specialized in Gender/ Senate
9. Semambo Rashid a member specialist in Legal,
10. Dr. Lawrence Muganga a member and specialized in Education, 11.H.E.Mark Serebe member and Guild President Victoria University
12.Walakira John Bosyco as member Specialized as Victoria University staff representative and
14.Katusabe Semwezi also as a member.
The new council members were sworn in by Her Worship Agnes Nkonge.
Speaking after the ceremony, the University chancellor Prof. John Asibo Opuda noted that there is a need to provide quality teaching in Ugandan universities such that they can produce transformative graduates.
He added that to achieve this, universities need to have modern capabilities in order to provide good training that involves practical experience.
Mr Rajiv Ruparelia who represented the board of directors Victoria University also pledged support the new council members in order to ensure quality education of students through putting much emphasis on innovation and providing a good conducive learning environment.
www.mknewslink.com a greater western Uganda news website