By Sylvia kugonza
In Fort portal—
Traders in Kahunga Bunyonyi zone Rwengoma ward fort portal municipality are counting losses as fire gutted their Containers.
According to eye witnesses, fire broke out at 3 am on Friday and is suspected to have started from a charcoal stove that was inside one of the restaurants.
Among the things that have been burnt include auto spare parts, over 500 timbers, refrigerators, computers and speakers that were in one of the video library.
Spare parts trader only identified as Seka has asked leaders to come to their rescue adding that his property worth shillings 50 million has been destroyed.
Happy Julius councilor representing Rwengoma ward said that the public have to be sensitized on how to be fire conscious.
He however said that police should put a rescue officer on ground so that in case fire breaks out, there is one to act immediately stating that when the fire broke out it took long for the fire brigade to come at the scene.
Source: www.mknewslink.com a greater western Uganda news website