By our reporter
Men leaving with HIV/AIDs have been called on to adhere to treatment for a better health.
This was observed by Agnes Kateeba Center Manager Taso Rukungiri during a morning gathering at Taso offices in Rukungiri Municipality.
Ms Kateeba noted that the number of Male patients on HIV/AIDS treatment has remained low registering 35% with the remaining percent 65% being covered by Women in spite the increase in the number of patients from 1,279 in 2004 to 7,093 currently.
She said that the suppression rate of patients on treatment now stands at 97.2% which indicates a good response of patients on drugs.
Today, a team from Taso will be visiting some institutions as they plant medicinal trees in their campaign to fight rampant diseases that affect Ugandans as they prepare for the 15th Annual General Meeting held this Friday at Taso Rukungiri offices.
According to Kateeba, the 15th Annual general meeting will cover and comply with legal requirements such as the presentation and approval of the audited accounts for the past year 2018-2019.
www.mknewslink.com a greater western Uganda news website