By Wilber Muhwezi
There is Increasing concern about the academic qualifications of the recently appointed Resident District commissioners.
Article 203 of the Constitution and Section 70 of the Local Government Act (as amended in 2010) set A-level or its equivalent as the minimum academic requirement for one to be appointed as RDC, but many are said to have questionable academic papers.
Last month, two concerned citizens Nuwabiine Jossy and Twahika Denis have asked the Minister for Presidency, Milly Babalanda to avail them the academic documents of all the appointed RDCs.
In a letter dated 19th April 2022 through their lawyers of Arinaitwe Peter & Co. Advocates to the Minister for presidency, Nuwabiine and Twahika say they are passionate about the country’s good governance, rule of law and would also like to know the vetting process of the said appointments.
Some of the RDCS with unclear academic credentials include;
1. Mawerere Simon Peter – DRDC Kayunga.
2.Capt Buga Matata-RDC Obongi.
3.Washaki Ahmed – RCC – Mbale City.
4. Nakamya Harriet – RDC Serere.
5. Kasibante Hassan – DRDC – Obongi.
6. Bulubulu Yeko-DRDC Bukedia.
7. Nagaya Hamisi Kiganira – DRDC Namayingo.
8. Kwesiga Eva Muwangala – RDC Kibuku
9. Nuwagira Nicholas – RDC Buhweju.
10. Kikashemeza Bron – RDC – Kagadi.
11. Ssebalirwa Hassan – DRDC Nebbi.
12. Mugabi Badru- RCC Hoima
13. Bayoole Stanley – RDC – Bulambuli.
14. Kambugu Robert – DRDC – Lwengo
15. Waiswa Paul- DRDC -Luuka
16. Kiriggwa Hakim DRDC Bugweri.
17. Lukooki Magezi – DRDC- Ngora.
18. Saleh Kamba- RCC – Jinja city.
19. Gulume Richard Balyaino. RDC – Mayuge.
20.. Kyoomya James — DRDC Namutumba.
21. Wandera Enoch-DRDC – Bugiri.
22.Katabazi Seifu- DRDC Ibanda
23.. Mwebaza Sarah – DRDC- Kamuli.
24.. Ssenkungu Teopista– RDC Masaka.
25. Were Yahaya – DRDC – Ssembabule.
26. Mubiru Patrick – DRDC Buvuma.
27. Ezama Hamza Ham. DRDC- Arua.
It is yet to be seen if the minister will avail the academic documents and what will be done to the newly appointed RDCs whose papers will be found lacking