By Ambrose Kweronda
Residents of Kanyankyende village, Nyabitete Parish, Bugangari Sub County in Rukungiri district on Saturday 18th September 2021 woke up to shock following the death of their two residents who were burning charcoal.
The deceased members of the same family were identified as Justus Byamukama 30 and Dickson Nabaasa 19 both dependents of Fr. Felix Odeda from Kabale Diocese.
It was discovered that Dickson Nabaasa was a senior student at St. Gerald’s Secondary School Nyakibale before the closure of learning institutions due to Covid19.
Tumusime Robert, Byonane Obed, Turyakiira Angela, Nyambuga Gorreti, and Asiimwe Caleb some of the residents identified the two deceased as well behaved and disciplined people narrating that the community has lost very intelligent and important youths.
Residents added that this is the first incident to occur in their village for such people to lose their lives while carrying out charcoal burning activity.
Habasa Wilber the area village chairperson said that the incident was unfortunate advising people carrying out the same activity to always sleep away from charcoal burning places to avoid suffocations.
Detectives from Rukungiri Central Police station led by O.C CID ASP. Harriet Nansuna visited the scene, retrieved the bodies and postmortem was done to establish the cause of their death.
Nansuna advised people who usually carryout charcoal burning activity to always have temporary houses where they can rest rather than sleeping nearer to burning charcoal which she said puts their lives at risks.
She added that police have already commenced investigations into the matter to establish facts
www.mknewslink.com a greater western Uganda news website