By our reporter
Two women and 5 year old child have today morning been electrocuted at their residence in Kasenge.
The incident happened today at 7 am in Kasenge Trading Centre,
The victims, who are all dead, have been identified as Asimmwe Babirye, 35, Annet, 24, and Jeremiah Sekalenzi, 5.
According to Luke Owoyesigyire, the Deputy spokesperson of Kampala Metropolitan Area, their team has established that the house where the deceased family was renting had no power, so they illegally tapped power from the neighborhood.
“This morning after Annet washed clothes, she hung them on one of the wires that had a link to power connection,” said Owoyesigyire.
He added, “The electricity shook her. Her hands remained in contact with the live wire. She made an alarm, which attracted her sister Babirye Asiimwe who came out of the house to help her. Asimmwe touched her sister with bare hands to save her and she was also electrocuted,” said Owoyesigyire.
He added, “She too made an alarm and her five-year-old child, Sekalenzi, who came to help his mother was also electrocuted.”
He further explained that it was the neighbors that came and disconnected the wire from the power.
The bodies have been conveyed to the city mortuary Mulago for a post mortem.
However, the police have cautioned members of the public to avoid illegal power connections.
www.mknewslink.com a greater western Uganda news website